Many companies call themselves “customer-obsessed” but what does that really mean? And how can you join their ranks?
By definition, “customer-obsessed” means that a company or individual prioritizes the needs and wants of their customers above all else. These companies constantly seek ways to improve their product’s experience and go above and beyond to ensure customers are satisfied with their services. They regularly gather feedback and use it to inform business decisions and strategies. Ultimately, being customer-obsessed means making the customer the focus of everything that a company does.
Why go through all thishassle, though? Companies that invest heavily in understanding the needs of their consumers tend to have higher customer lifetime value, with greater retention and acquisition rates, leading to higher revenue.
So how can your focus on being more customer-centric? Here are five ways to get there:
- Collect and analyze customer feedback: One of the most important ways to better understand your customer is to regularly collect and analyze customer feedback. This can be done through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and other research methods. By gathering and analyzing customer feedback, you can gain a deep understanding of what customers like and dislike about your products or services, and identify areas for improvement.
- Set customer-focused goals and metrics: Another way to become customer-obsessed is to set goals and metrics that are focused on improving the customer experience. This can include metrics such as customer satisfaction levels (CSAT), net promoter scores (NPS), customer retention rates, and customer lifetime value (LTV). By setting and tracking these metrics, you can measure the success of your customer-focused initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor customer interactions and behavior: Customer-obsession requires closely monitoring customer touchpoints and behavior on an ongoing basis. This can be done through tracking customer behavior within your website, app, or other platforms - think customer support tickets, chat logs, phone transcripts and more. By monitoring customer interactions, you can identify trends and insights that can help you improve the customer experience. For example, you might discover that a particular feature is confusing for customers, or that customers are more likely to make a purchase on a certain day of the week. By using this information, you can take action to improve the customer experience and drive business results.
- Invest in customer service and support: To be truly customer-obsessed, it is important to empower your customer-facing teams with the resources they need to easily resolve customer issues, answer questions, and provide personalized support. This involves investing in the tools, training, and technology needed to provide timely and effective assistance to your customers. By investing in customer service and support, you can help ensure that your customers have a positive experience with your startup.
- Empower your team to make customer-focused decisions: Finally, being customer-obsessed requires empowering your team to make customer-focused decisions. This means giving your team the autonomy and support they need to put your customers' needs first. This also means walking the walk, and teaching through your actions how to best do this. By empowering your team to make customer-focused decisions, you can help ensure that your startup is always focused on delivering a great customer experience.
Viable’s generative AI data analysis can take the heavy, manual workload required to analyze qualitative customer data – be it survey responses, customer support tickets or phone call transcripts – off your team’s plate, freeing them up to focus on how to apply the resulting customer insights. Think of it as customer-obsession made easy!
Curious to see how our AI data analysis can get you a deeper understanding of your users?